Here are some tips and guidelines to choosing paint color.
1) One of the most foolproof ways to inspire a great color scheme is to pull colors from something you already have and plan on keeping in the room- like a favorite piece of artwork, curtains, bedding, or furniture fabrics
2) All colors in the spectrum are classified as being warm or cool. Reds, oranges, and yellows are considered warm colors which can create an energizing effect in a room. Greens, blues, and purples are considered cool colors which create a calming effect.
3) Neutral colors are low-intensity colors such as grays, beiges, tans, and taupes. They work well with even the brightest colors and tend to go with everything. They are perfect for any room in your home. Neutrals are also a good choice for hallways and entryways.
4) You need to determine the mood you want to create in the room you are painting. Soothing neutrals and more muted colors can help create a restful, relaxing mood which is great for bedrooms and bathrooms. Brighter and more vibrant colors create a livelier environment so are better suited for kitchen, dining room, craft room, or child’s playroom.
5) Lighting is also an important factor with paint. Natural daylight shows the truest color while incandescent lighting brings out warm tones and yellows, and fluorescent lighting casts a cooler, bluer tone. For best results we recommend purchasing a paint tainted to your favorite color and painting a swatch on your wall then viewing your color at different times of the day and night in all the light sources used in that room.
6) Try experimenting with a favorite color in a small bathroom or on an accent wall. It’s a great way to see immediate results and a quick fix if you find that particular color is not for you.
For more great advice on choosing color with video tutorials from Ace Design Experts, visit http://www.thepaintstudio.com/tips-and-tools.php.