All lawns are deficient in nitrogen because grass quickly uses up the natural supply. Fertilizer helps to replace the nitrogen for a healthier and greener lawn. If you follow the fertilization schedule in the 4-Step Program by Ace® or Scotts®, your lawn will thrive and you can enjoy a lush and green lawn this season. Here’s the 4-Step Program schedule:
- Crabgrass Preventer– Prevents crabgrass and other grassy weed from germinating in the spring. Apply when grass is dry. For best results, lawn should receive ¼” or ½” of water from rainfall or watering within 2 days of application. Apply in early spring: March-April
- New to the program this year and exclusively at Weaver’s Ace Hardware, we are offering free lime with your 4 step program purchase. Lime is an important tool in preparing your lawn for growing. Lime neutralizes soil acidity and raises the soil pH providing a more favorable environment for fertilizer. Plants will utilize applied fertilizers more efficiently on soils that are properly limed. We know that when you put lime down with your fertilizer, your fertilizer will work better– up to 33%! Improve your lawn by applying lime in the early spring with your first application of fertilizer. We want to help you achieve a green and healthy lawn so we are offering the free lime with your 4-Step Program purchase.
- Weed Control With Fertilizer– Kills dandelions, chickweeds, knotweed, spurge, and many other broadleaf weeds. Delivers a long lasting feeding without burning for a stronger, greener lawn. Apply on a calm (no wind day) to a moistened lawn – lawn should be given a thorough watering or wet from dew before you apply. Apply in late spring: April-June and no less than 30 days after Crabgrass Preventer is applied.
- Lawn Fertilizer– Delivers a long lasting feeding without burning for a stronger, greener lawn. Feeds and strengthens lawns against heat and drought. Fertilizer contains nutrients of 1) nitrogen for color, density, and root growth and 2) potassium for starch and protein to help resist disease and environmental stress. Can use on all grass varieties. Apply to wet or dry lawn. Apply in summer: June-August.
- Winterizer Fertilizer– Helps protects lawns from winter stress and promotes root development. Encourages earlier spring green-up and thicker grass. Apply to a wet or dry lawn on a calm day. No need to water, however, during dry periods watering will help greening. Apply in Fall: August-November.
For more information regarding Fertilizer and the 4-Step Program, Please See Our Sales Flyer. Our lawn and garden experts would be happy to help answer any questions and offer great tips for growing a full green lawn this season.