When you want to show some holiday cheer, but are running short on time to decorate, try these 5 ideas to keep your holiday decorating simple, but festive:
- Try Rope Lights – These light sets are enclosed in a tube making them a quick and high-impact way to add holiday characters to your outdoor scene. They also look great wrapped around a porch railing or entry columns.
- Hang Shaped Lights – Sold individually, or in multi-packs shaped-lights in almost any holiday-themed figure you can think of. For high impact, choose one motif, like snowflakes. Place one in each in window or on each shutter, adorn a tree or tack a few on lattice or fencing.
- Choose Pre-Lit Artificial Christmas Trees – Flanking your doorway, or set up in your front windows, lit trees create a warm welcome. Pre-lit trees save you the time and trouble of stringing and spacing light sets just right. For an added holiday effect, try hanging some evergreen-scented sticks near the tree trunk. Your guests may never know it’s not the real thing.
- Switch to LED and Commercial-Grade Light Sets – The stronger seals and cords can handle the wear and tear of repeated years of rolling and unrolling the strands. And, with their long life, you’ll save money season after season by without having to replace burnt out sets. You can connect usually about 40 strands together – saving you time configuring your display and setting up power cords. And, newer sets have a more natural glow and variety of bulb styles than early-generation LED holiday lights.
- Use Light Clips – If you’ve been living without these for the past few years, give yourself a holiday gift. Light clips are available for hanging lights off gutters, eaves, railings, window frames and trim without nails or staples. They are available for almost any type of exterior siding, including brick and masonry. The clips can be re-used from year to year, or left inconspicuously in place to make it easy to set up lights for for other holidays like Halloween, Fourth of July, St. Patricks’ Day or even showing your spirit by displaying lights in your favorite sports team’s colors.