One of our most popular questions is what’s the best way to keep squirrels away from your bird feeder. The Helpful Hardware Folks at Ace have answered that question with 5 quick tips.
- Place your feeders 10 feet from launch points.
- Attach a domed baffle under or over a feeder. It tilts as the squirrel lands, causing the critter to slide off.
- Select a squirrel-proof feeder. Port will shut when a squirrel lands on the roof or perches.
- Try a feeder enclosed by a cage. Small birds can get through, but not the squirrels.
- Use safflower seed in your feeders. Squirrels don’t like it.
EXTRA TIP- If you can’t beat ‘em, feed ‘em. Create a squirrel zone away from your bird feeders. Stock a squirrel feeder with nuts or corn cobs.
For more great tips, visit Ace Hardware Tips & Advice Page.